Land Use Bylaw Update 2017
Land Use Bylaw 09-Z/18 - 1st Reading DraftThank you to all residents that participated in the Land Use Bylaw process to date. Council approved First Reading for Draft #1 Land Use Bylaw 09-Z/18.
The Public Hearing will be held on Tuesday, May 29th, 2018 at 6:00 P.M. at the Exshaw Community Centre (24 Heart Mountain Drive, Exshaw).
The Public Hearing process will be advertised in editions of the Rocky Mountain Outlook, Cochrane Eagle, and Mountain View Gazette Newspapers in due course.
- Land Use Bylaw 09-Z/18 - 1st Reading Draft
- Logging On Private Lands - Overlay District Map (Excerpt 1) - 1st Reading Draft
- Land Use Map 2018 (Excerpt 2) - 1st Reading Draft
Note: the Excerpt (1) and (2) map images were to large to fit into the actual LUB draft PDF document.
Government of Alberta-Alberta Environment & Parks Upper Bow River Hazard Study Update March 2018 Read on...
Please be advised that Municipal District of Bighorn Council directed that the Municipal Districts Land Use Bylaw be updated. Project updates, including consultation session dates, will be posted on the Municipal District website and social media platforms, and advertised in the local papers. We look forward to working with the community on this project!
What is the Land Use Bylaw?
The Land Use Bylaw (LUB) is a statutory planning document that is used in the day-to-day management of development activities within the MD. The purpose of the LUB is to regulate the use and development of land and buildings within the municipality to achieve an orderly and efficient pattern of development. Click here for to visit our Land Use Bylaw page.
Why is an Update needed?
The MD’s LUB was adopted by Council in 2010 and requires updating to address new challenges related to development, land use and subdivision. The update provides a great opportunity for public engagement with residents, stakeholders and government agencies; and to reflect current development trends in the MD.
Land Use Bylaw 09-Z/18 - 1st Reading Draft - UPCOMING PUBLIC HEARING EVENT
1st Draft LUB Public Consultations
- LUB Public Consultation Round 3 Notice
- 3rd Round Consultation - LUB 1st Draft - No Markup
- 3rd Round Consultation - LUB 1st Draft - Redlined
- 3rd Round Consultation - Summary of Key Amendments
- 3rd Round Consultation - LUB 1st Draft - Open House Boards
- 3rd Round Consultation - LUB 1st Draft - Information Sheet