Obtaining Water

Most residents in the Municipal District of Bighorn currently obtain their water from private wells.

There are municipal water services in the Hamlets of Dead Man's Flats and Exshaw for residential and commercial properties; Harvie Heights services are only available to commercial properties in the Highway Commercial District of Harvie Heights.

Water Meter

To have a water meter installed and to connect to the municipal water system, you will need to contact the utilities department and make an appointment. Please complete a Water Meter / MXU Installation / Changeout Work Order (PDF) and submit it to the Utilities Department

Utility Payments

You can sign up to have your bimonthly utilities payment taken directly from your account by filling out and submitting a Pre-Authorized Utility Payment Plan Application (PDF) to the finance department.

Helpful Documents