COVID-19 Social and Mental Health Supports
The Bow Valley Wellness, Recovery & Preparedness Committee is coordinating mental and social supports for Exshaw residents experiencing flooding issues. Alberta Health Service’s (AHS) crisis counselling, addiction & mental health service and any other additional social supports which may be needed is available, by phone or Zoom.
- To book a scheduled appointment with a therapist call 403-678-4696 extension 2
- To request a single session crisis counselling call the Canmore hospital front desk: 403-678-5536
- We encourage that all residents subscribe to the text4hope text messaging service. To do so, simply text to to subscribe. The daily ideas and supports it provides could be helpful to those experiencing distress related to flooding.
- For additional online resources to promote mental well-being, please go to the AHS webpage Help in Tough Times
Dialling 211 is available with crisis counsellors answering calls there 24/7
Growing Community ❤️ through Covid-19 Caremongering a very positive and uplifting local Facebook group
COVID Parent Support Group - register for this free monthly online program through Canmore FCSS
Canada Mental Health Week - May 4-10, 2020; the emphasis this year is on the need to connect meaningfully and talk about how we are really feeling, more than just saying I'm fine or ok.
Ages and Screen Use guide for parents of infants and small children based on the latest brain research.
We’re in this together - Banff-Canmore Community Foundation, Banff & Canmore Rotary Clubs, Banff Legion and the Wim & Nancy Pauw Foundation are all working together to fundraise and help address local area COVID-19 needs through a one-stop application process https://www.banffcanmorecf.org/in-this-together/
Key priorities are programs or projects that focus on keeping Bow Valley residents fed, sheltered, safe and connected, especially vulnerable residents.
– Must be charitable in nature;
– Must be for the benefit of the Bow Valley community;
– Must provide direct response and support to those affected by COVID-19, particularly those who are most vulnerable and those who may be facing social isolation;
– Must use the grant awarded to provide for expenses incurred or planned in the Bow Valley region.