How to Apply for Safety Codes Permits
The Alberta Safety Codes Authority (ASCA) assigns the Accredited Agencies that can issue Safety Codes Permits for any construction within the MD of Bighorn No. 8. All Landowners and/or Agents must apply through one of the assigned agencies to obtain any Building, Electrical, Gas, Plumbing or Private Sewage Handling System Permits (links below).
As the applicant and/or assigned agent, you must use an ASCA Permit Form (links below). The ASCA permit application and required permit documents must be submitted to one of the assigned agencies that are listed. The assigned agent will also collect the fees based on the ASCA fee schedule.
The agency is responsible for issuance of your Building Permit, to provide the required site inspections by a Safety Codes Officer, and to deem your project complete and safe to occupy.
Click here for the Safety Codes Permit Information Sheet
- New buildings or structures;
- Retaining walls over 1.2 meters in height;
- Swimming pools or hot tubs;
- Building relocation's;
- Repairs or alterations to existing buildings and structures;
- Change of occupancy or use of a space;
- Temporary structures (i.e. tents or work camps) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>