- Safety Codes Permits
- How to apply for Safety Codes Permits
How to Apply for Safety Codes Permits
The Alberta Safety Codes Authority (ASCA) assigns the Accredited Agencies that can issue Safety Codes Permits for any construction within the MD of Bighorn No. 8. All Landowners and/or Agents must apply through one of the assigned agencies to obtain any Building, Electrical, Gas, Plumbing or Private Sewage Handling System Permits (links below).
As the applicant and/or assigned agent, you must use an ASCA Permit Form (links below). The ASCA permit application and required permit documents must be submitted to one of the assigned agencies that are listed. The assigned agent will also collect the fees based on the ASCA fee schedule.
The agency is responsible for issuance of your Building Permit, to provide the required site inspections by a Safety Codes Officer, and to deem your project complete and safe to occupy.
Feel free to contact ASCA directly via email for any general inquires, complaints, or concerns regarding any Safety Codes Permits: askASCA@safetycodes.ab.ca
- About ASCA
- ASCA Permit Application Information Package
- Do I need a Building Permit? Safety Tips
- Private Sewage Treatment System Safety Tips
- Safety Codes Permits Information Sheet
- Secondary Suite Safety Tips
- Solid Fuel Burning Appliances Safety Tips
- Value of a Building Permit Safety Tips
- Wooden Decks Safety Tips
When is Building Permit required?
- New buildings or structures;
- Retaining walls over 1.2 meters in height;
- Swimming pools or hot tubs;
- Building relocation's;
- Repairs or alterations to existing buildings and structures;
- Change of occupancy or use of a space;
- Temporary structures (i.e. tents or work camps) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
List of Accredited Agencies for Building, Electrical, Gas, and/or Plumbing Permits
- Accredited Agency Listing on ASCA Website @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
|Safety Codes Permit Type||Fee Schedule with ASCA|
|Building Permit Application||View fee schedule link below|
|Electrical Permit Application||View fee schedule link below|
|Gas Permit Application||View fee schedule link below|
|Plumbing Permit Application||View fee schedule link below|
|Private Sewage Disposal System Application||View fee schedule link below|
|Main Page on ASCA Website for Applications||ASCA Fee Schedule|