- Solid Waste & Recycling
- Large Item Drop-off
Large Item Drop-off
The MD of Bighorn is offering a large item drop off program as a trial for all residents. This trial will take place in the spring and fall of 2023. Large bins will be placed throughout the MD for residents to place their large items in. The bins will be placed at the locations below.
THE BINS WILL BE AT EACH LOCATION FROM JUNE 9TH TO JUNE 19TH.
|Location of Large Item Bins|
|Exshaw - at the recycle depot|
|Lac Des Arcs - at the transfer site|
|Dead Man’s Flats - at the recycle depot|
|Harvie Heights - at the transfer site |
|Sibbald area - at the transfer station|
|Jamieson Road area - at the transfer station|
|Ghost River area - at the transfer station|
- refrigerators/freezers (emptied and cleaned, no damage to coolant system, doors removed)
- Stoves (cleaned so not to attract animals)
- Washers and dryers
- Furniture and lawn furniture. (Desks, tables etc.)
- Mattresses and box springs
- Bikes with tires removed
- BBQ’s- no propane tanks
- Lawn mowers, snowblowers, etc.
- Propane tanks
- Commercial waste
- Hazardous waste
- Construction waste
- Drywall, kitchen cabinets, toilets, hot water tanks, carpeting etc.
- Scrap wood
- Demolition waste
- Automotive parts/batteries
- E-waste (televisions, microwaves, stereos, speakers etc.)
- Household waste
- Leaves and grass
- Items that are larger than 1.8 m (6 feet) in length