Do I need a burn permit?

During the provincial Wildfire Season, March 1 to October 31, all burning within the Municipal District of Bighorn requires a permit. Please contact "Agriculture & Forestry" in Calgary at 403-297-8800 to make arrangements.

Outside of the provincial Wildfire Season, residents within the hamlets and residential subdivisions (Ghost Country Place, Kananaskis Settlement) require a burning permit which they may obtain at the Municipal District office at #2 Heart Mountain Drive. Burning permits are not required in the rural areas during this time.

Municipal District residents are only permitted to burn clean wood. No yard waste, construction / demolition waste, garbage or scrap, including anything treated or painted, tires, shingles, etc.

Current fire ban information.

Show All Answers

1. How do I find a job with the Municipal District?
2. How do I submit my resume for a job posting?
3. Do I need a burn permit?
4. How do I apply for a dog licence?
5. How do I change my address?
6. What Are Property Taxes?
7. When are my taxes due?
8. How can I be a delegation or make a presentation during Council meetings?
9. Whom do I call regarding a deceased animal on the highway?
10. How do I sign up for Emergency Notification?