Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
View All Calendars is the default. Choose Select a Calendar to view a specific calendar. Subscribe to calendar notifications by clicking on the Notify Me® button, and you will automatically be alerted about the latest events in our community.
February 26, 2020, 7:00 PM - 8:15 PM @ Exshaw Community Centre
Register by January 2, 2020
Cultivate calmness and concentration while getting deeper into your tissues, allowing deep release of tension and stress. Restorative (prop based) and yin (longer held) postures are integrated into this class along with mindfulness and meditation. Suitable for anyone looking to relax, de-stress and release while focusing on strength and flexibility.
February 26, 2020 - 11:59 AM @ Everywhere!
Pink Shirt Day began in 2007 when a student in Nova Scotia was bullied for wearing a pink shirt to school. It has since been recognized annually worldwide as a day to stand against bullying.
This year, we are working to raise awareness of bullying prevention and highlight where to turn if in need of help. Getting involved is easy. Wear your pink shirt, take a photo and share it on social media with the #PinkShirtDay and #WhereToTurn hashtags.
Get involved and consider how you can take part in Pink Shirt Day. Here are a few ideas:
- share Pink Shirt Day resources on social media
- discuss your role in bullying prevention with your friends, family or coworkers
- learn where to turn for help, like the Bullying – Find supports link on the right
- write a letter or email to the editor of your local newspaper or radio station about the importance of promoting healthy relationships
- host a Pink Shirt Day themed event in your community